It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update, so here’s a little info of what I’ve been up to in recent months.
After spending some time learning about web based vulnerabilities I’ve also started looking into operating system vulnerabilities and exploitation by analysing malicious software. It’s been a blast so far and I hope to make use of these skills in the future.
As a result of my research in this area, my Android apps have taken a bit of a back seat in recent months. That being said, over the Christmas holidays I started to push ahead and began working towards a new update for School Scheduler, as more and more students are installing the app with the winter semester starting. The next update to School Scheduler will include bug fixes and a new (well requested) feature – the ability to cancel classes or block out holidays within the semester.
While working on the feature I’ve identified a number of areas within the code base that requires re-factoring and in some cases a better implementation all together. As a result I’ll probably look at re-writing the app which will take some additional time, but should yield a much more positive result. I’d also like to improve sync abilities between devices, so I’ll have to put some thought into the best way of implementing that. So the update with holidays/cancellations will be released as 1.3 and the rewrite of the app will most likely arrive as a version 2.0.